What is the role of a Cloud Architect?
A Cloud Architect is a form of Information Technology (IT) expert who oversees everything involved with cloud computing. As a Cloud Architect you will be responsible for overseeing a company’s cloud system, alongside working on developing cloud designs, plans, architecture, and systems that can be managed through cloud storage.
· Determining cloud strategy and overseeing delivery from a multidisciplinary architecture viewpoint
· Inspect cloud apps, hardware, and software regularly
· Provide prompt and knowledgeable assistance with technological issues.
· To assist the company in achieving its strategic objectives, determine the optimal cloud architecture solutions.
· Monitor the company's cloud privacy closely in collaboration with IT security
· Lead Cloud Architecture
Types of Cloud Architect
· Azure Cloud Architect
· AWS Cloud Architect
· Technical Cloud Architect
· Solution Architect
· Cloud Developer
· Strong communication skills to liaise both internally and externally with people from all management levels
· Multiple years of experience in the IT industry
· Experience working on a cloud application from conception, build, integration and run
· Extensive experience using cloud alongside AWS, Azure and GCP
· The knowledge and experience of cloud technologies (especially in the areas of data, security, and networking)
· A problem solver who has an inquisitive nature
· Able to work collaboratively in large teams with members from different sectors
· Certifications in Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Certification (ExamAZ0-303, AZ-304); Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert Certification (ExamMS-100, MS-100) - ExamMB-600 are a plus