What is the role of a full stack developer?
As a full stack developer, you will work on the back-end development (server side) and the front-end (client side) of an application. You will have a range of responsibilities and work closely with other developers.
- The responsibilities of a full stack developer are varied, but will likely include:
- You will design user interactions on sites
- Develop servers and databases
- Meeting with both the development team to ensure client needs and standards are met
- Ensure website functionality and responsiveness of applications
- Test and debug software for site optimisation
- Work with graphic designers
- Take charge of projects and oversee them from start to end
- Design and develop API’s
- Meet the technical needs and customer needs
- Developing back end site applications
Tech stacks employed:
Common tech stacks utilised by full stack developers include:
- Angular JS react
Types of full stack developers
- MEAN stack – MongoDb-ExpressJS-AngularJS-NodeJS
- MERN Stack
- Lamp stack
- Full stack python
- Full stack Django
- Full stack Java
- Degree in computer science is preferred or one of the following: Information technology, Software development, Maths.
- Familiar with data bases such as MySQL and Oracle
- Great attention to detail
- Organisational and communicational skills necessary
- String project management abilities
- Show understanding of projects from client and business perspective
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
Professional development opportunities
Because of your broad knowledge and flexibility in this role, you will be able to progress and move in any direction. They are in high demand and if you have good experience within this role, career progression is guaranteed.
Typically, after 3+ years in this role, you have the ability to progress to a senior level or after a longer period, able to move to a director level. A CTO role is also an option after having performed well in a director role for multiple years.
- Front end developer
- Back-end developer
- Software developer
- Solution architect
- Project manager
- Integration developer
- Web developer