SAP ABAP Developer
£70000 - £75000 per annum
*S/4HANA IMPLEMENTATION ON THE CARDS* *HYBRID WORKING – TWO DAYS A WEEK ONSITE* We are partnered with a professional...
What is the role of a developer?
A developer identifies, designs, installs, and tests software systems built for companies from scratch. They play a key role in the maintenance of the software systems to help businesses function more efficiently.
- Modifying software to fix errors and improve performance.
- Liaise with other departments and customers on projects and proposals
- System testing
- Work with customers on technical issues
- Analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of new systems in order to improve and make modifications
- Lead software development projects
- Prepare reports on programming specifications
- Producing detailed specifications and write program codes
- Present ideas for system improvements and proposals
- Maintenance of running systems and supporting them
- Meet requirements of client in terms of delivery
- Design and update software databases
Types of Software Developer:
- Software engineer
- Web developer
- Backend developer
- Frontend developer
- Language developer
- Systems developer
- Data scientist
- BA degree in computer science, software development or related degree
- Extensive knowledge of software development life cycle
- Ability to develop unit testing of code and applications
- Full stack developer required
- Previous experience of software development projects
- Understanding of programming language
- Good problem-solving ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Teamwork and team-leadership skills
As a software developer, the skills required are in high demand so you will be desired by employers. You have the opportunity to freelance, consult or be your own boss also, or move into a similar role which use the same skills.
- Graphic designer
- Software trainer
- IT technician