Lead Database Administrator
- Location: Manchester
- Sector: Data and Analytics
- Job type: Permanent
- Salary: £53000 – £84000 per annum
- Industry sector: Professional services
La Fosse are currently partnering with a Professional Services client who are looking to recruit a Lead Database Administrator into their team. This role offers flexible/remote working for the right candidate as long as it’s based in the UK, but ideally would be commutable to one of three locations, which are Haywards Heath, Salford Quays or Guernsey.
This role is paying £53,000 – £84,000 depending on experience and comes with an exciting and attractive benefits package.
As the Database Lead, you’ll lead, coach and deliver the vision of the Data as a Service function (DaaS). This will ensure the Company’s operational systems and platforms have highly available quality data, resilient, scalable and performant systems, delivered in line with business demand and to agreed service levels.
Skills, knowledge & experience required:
- Strong experience in a DBA or similar comparable role and MCSE: Data Platform or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation certified (v3 or 4)
- Excellent understanding and experience of Microsoft SQL Server and its technical underpinnings
- Good understanding and experience of SQL Server development including T-SQL queries, stored procedures, user defined functions, views, indexes etc
- Dispute resolution and change management
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, identifying root causes and offering solutions