Role - Systems administrator
Salary - £40,000
Location - London/Currently working remotely
- Carry out technical project work under direction of senior systems team staff.
- Document new internal IT process and procedures and maintain existing documentation
- Monitor and administer critical systems to ensure correct function
- Contribute to regular technical departmental planning meetings.
- Liaise with third party suppliers and vendors as required.
- Administer and maintain, VMWare vSphere estate
- Perform routine audits of systems and software
- Manage and resolve IT and Systems technical media production issues as they arise.
- Ensure efficient and reliable backup and archives are made and maintained across on prem and cloud.
Continuous Improvement/Operational Excellence:
- Ensure all systems are integrated into the global management, monitoring and performance testing systems
- Performance reporting
- Perform on-going performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimisation as required
- Analyse problematic systems and identify causes and rectify issues (L2/L3 escalations).
- Implement security standards and best practices.
- Ensure regular software and hardware maintenance is performed with minimum downtime.
- Repair and recover hardware and software failures
- Deploy and configure new hardware and software services as required, both on prem and in cloud.