Senior Infrastrucutre Project Manager - hybrid working - London based - £75,000 to £85,000 + benefits
This role presents an opportunity for a Senior Infrastructure Project Manager to join a London based Investment Management firm. The Senior Infrastructure Project Manager will lead & deliver concurrent projects within the infrastructure team, across Networking, Data Centres, Telephony, Service Desk, & Cyber Security.
* Take responsibility for the delivery of one or more projects, typically involving migrations, upgrades and introduction of new/improved services and applications.
* Report on project status and risk factors to key stakeholders
* Development and maintenance of plans for all project related activity across all business areas.
* Anticipate project delivery risk factors and put in place effective mitigation.
* Ensure operational readiness at implementation of change.
* Understand the business strategy and contribute to the overall goals of the business through infrastructure development, improvement and support.
* Work closely with other members of the Infrastructure team.
* Implement proposed improvements, developments and upgrades to the IT infrastructure.
* Assist with procurement of IT hardware and software through third party suppliers
* Liaise, assist and provide support to third party suppliers during their improvement, development and upgrade processes
* Assist with implementing and configuring specific components of the designed disaster recovery plan
* Troubleshooting and fault reporting of major outages and issues
* Assist with ensuring that IT security policy and procedures are enforced and staff are aware of their roles in contributing to this
* Maintain a technical advantage through continual training and personal development
* Expand and improve the Infrastructure team's documentation library
* Significant experience of providing IT infrastructure and desktop support, demonstrating excellent knowledge on all roles within the infrastructure team.
* Relevant experience in recognised Infrastructure role in addition to Infrastructure Project Management is beneficial.
* Extensive experience and underlying knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies. Including DNS, DHCP, networking, Active Directory, Exchange and virtualization.
* Experience with utilisation of IIS, Microsoft System Centre products, networking devices is desirable (use of SonicWall/Cisco firewalls and HP switches is an advantage)
* Ability to logically and methodically problem solve IT incidents and outages.
* Experience of completing infrastructure migrations and upgrades.
* Experience with implementing IT security policies and procedures.
* Proven track record of delivering to commitments
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Knowledge of administering Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2016
* Knowledge of industry recognised IT and support practices
* Comprehensive functional knowledge of Business Operations and processes and related Technology
* Experience of retail investment administration and the investment management industry