Sharepoint Developer Role and Responsibilities Information
A SharePoint developer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining SharePoint solutions for an organisation. Their key responsibilities may include:
- Designing and developing custom SharePoint solutions based on business requirements.
- Creating and configuring SharePoint sites, lists, libraries, workflows, and web parts.
- Developing custom forms and templates using InfoPath and SharePoint Designer.
- Integrating SharePoint with other business applications, such as CRM or ERP systems.
- Providing technical support for SharePoint users.
- Developing and implementing SharePoint security and access controls.
- Monitoring SharePoint performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Collaborating with other developers and stakeholders to ensure solutions meet business needs.
Qualifications for a Sharepoint Developer
To become a SharePoint developer in the UK, typically one needs a degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field. In addition to a degree, employers may also look for relevant professional certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD).
However, some SharePoint developers may have gained experience and skills through on-the-job training, self-learning, or specialised courses. It ultimately depends on the specific employer’s requirements and the individual’s level of experience and expertise in SharePoint development.
Sharepoint Developer Salary Expectations
According to recent job postings on various job sites, the average salary for a SharePoint Developer in the UK is around £45,000 – £60,000 per year. However, the exact salary can vary based on a variety of factors such as the level of experience, location, and company size. Some experienced SharePoint Developers can earn up to £80,000 or more per year.