|Expert guidance and assurance
· Provide expert guidance on the Project Lifecycle, the change management approach, and the use of key project artefacts to ensure that projects are set up for success with appropriate plans and controls.
· Represent the PMO at project control meetings, providing governance support and independent voice on project scope, budget, and plan feasibility, recording and ensuring completion of actions as required.
· Scrutiny of project artefacts, e.g. at project stage gates and through project assurance reviews, to ensure compliant and fit for purpose. Proactively work with PMs to improve quality of document content.
· Undertake project health checks according to the assurance plan and ensure that sufficient controls are in place to actively manage the impact of key risks and issues.
· Facilitation of project planning, risk management, and lessons learned workshops, recording and driving achievement of resulting actions.
PMO artefacts and resources
· Regularly review and update templates and guidance documents, so that they remain up-to-date and fit for purpose.
· Management of all the PMO’s online sites and workspaces, so that there is a central resource for all project and change processes, guides and templates.
· Ownership of PMO communication channels, ensuring that requests are prioritised and timely responses are provided.
· Manage stage gate approval, resource planning, project (including financial) status tracking, and benefits realisation tracking processes.
· Production of monthly reports as required – Project, Programme & Portfolio level, for internal and external audiences, including portfolio status dashboard and integrated portfolio roadmap.
· Thematic analysis of project, programme, and portfolio risks and issues and work with Service Manager, PMO to drive proactive management or resolution.
· Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
Stakeholder management and engagement
· Proactively engage with stakeholders across our our business, Oxford City Council, and externally, to align processes and standards where appropriate and to build our PMO reputation as a value add service.
PMO Team Support
· Provide support to Service Manager, PMO as required.