Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator
Banner Default Image New

Contractor FAQ

How do I submit my timesheets and expenses?

Once your contract has been signed, you'll be added to our timesheet portal, inTime.

Do we get paid monthly or weekly?

All payments are made on a weekly basis on 30-day payment terms.

What is self billing/how do I invoice?

​If you have signed the self-billing agreement on your contract, this means that La Fosse will raise the invoice relating to the services you provide to us on your behalf on receipt of your authorised timesheet and email this invoice to you.

However, if you would like to send us your own invoices, do let us know and please send these at the end of each month to stating your name, company you are contracting at and month in the subject heading.

We require the following information on the invoice:

  • If you are VAT registered, please put this on your invoice. Failure to do so will result in us not paying VAT.

  • The full details of your limited company – name, company number, registered address and bank details.

  • The number of days/hours that you are claiming, with the relevant rate shown consistent with your contract.

How do I know if my timesheet has been approved?

You'll be notified by email once a timesheet has been approved. You can also log in here and navigate to Timesheets >> Approved to see a full list.

How do I find copies of my old invoices?

​You can download these easily by logging in here, navigating to Invoices >> Search and filling in the details of the invoice you wish to retrieve.

I've forgotten my password, how do I reset it?

If you click on the "forgotten password" button on the login page, this will generate a one-use password for you. Once you've logged in with this, you'll be asked to change it to something of your own choosing.

I'm not VAT registered yet, does that matter?

No. We can still process invoices for you minus VAT. If you later become VAT registered, just send us a copy of your VAT certificate and we can start adding this onto your invoice.

What constitutes proof of bank details?

This needs to be something from the bank which shows your account name, number and sort code and is dated within the last three months. Please note, we can only pay the business bank account of the company you've chosen to contract through.

My line manager is away, how do I get my timesheets approved?

If your line manager is unable to approve your timesheets, please send an email to with an alternative name and email address for another manager who can approve on their behalf.

Can I have more than one approving manager on my placement?

Yes, we can add a number of managers, allowing you to select them at the time of submitting the timesheet. Once you have submitted the timesheet to one manager, they cannot be transferred to an alternative, so please contact timesheets@lafosse.comand they can revert the timesheet for it to be sent to an alternative manager for approval.

I'm switching Ltd/Umbrella companies, what do I need to do?

​Please email with the details of your new company and the date you intend on switching over. You'll need to send us the following documents in order for us to amend your contract and our system:

  • Certificate of incorporation/umbrella details

  • Proof of business bank details

  • Insurances (professional indemnity of £500,000 per claim and public liability of £1m per claim)

  • VAT certificate (if applicable)

If your question isn't answered above or you'd like some more information, please contact your relevant consultant, email, or call 020 7932 2770.​