Job Title: Junior Network Engineer
Salary: Up to £40,000 + Benefits
Operational role / Objectives
- To provide 2nd line support for all physical and logical network related issues.
- Provide high level of customer satisfaction and assist to drive down Helpdesk response and resolution times.
- To assist with System Administration that would support the highest availability KPI's and ensure all systems are maintained in a compliant state (this would be internal and external compliance).
- To maintain ownership of problems and issues even though they may be passed to 3rd party suppliers for final resolution. This entails updating the customer as well as chasing progress and resolution.
- To maintain all documentation pertaining to the systems and services in a clear and concise manner.
- Carrying out reviews of documentation and processes to ensure they are up to date, relevant and manage through change control procedures.
- Responsible for liaison with other members of the IT team to ensure that they are kept up to-date on relevant issues.
- Effectively managing the Quality of Service of the Corporate / Gaming network. Monitoring and use of all network and infrastructure tools.
- Responsible for working within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines within the Department and when published to the business community. Also responsible for making recommendations for changes to SLAs if appropriate.
- Representation of the IT department to the business by acting professionally in a customer-facing role.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the customer (user).
- To be contactable by Helpdesk systems primarily but to include telephone and e-mail during working hours.
- To manage calls and logging through the current Helpdesk / Knowledge base System ensuring that all SLA, Training requirement, Hardware Analysis statistics are accurate.
- To be on call 24/7 on a share basis with the other Junior IT Managers. The fixed weekly premium requires all IT Managers to be available when required.
- To be able to advise on the latest technologies and innovations that will enhance IT business systems.
Technical Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of networking topologies -LAN, WAN and WLAN.
- Experience managing Cisco Switching environment.
- Experience working with SDWAN technologies
- Knowledge of Enterprise Wireless technologies and components.
- A good understanding of Load Balancing and traffic management solutions such as F5, A10 etc
- Experience of VoIP/SIP telephony systems in build, commission and supporting.
- A good understanding of how Microsoft operating systems utilise the network in relation to Domain Controllers, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, NTDS,CIFs etc.
- Good knowledge of device control technologies such as NAC, MDM etc.
- Good understanding of Firewalls, Mail Security Gateways and other Cyber Security appliances/services.
- Knowledge of the relevant Windows server platforms, Active Directory and policies (group and security).
- Being able to research, develop, test and deploy new technologies as required by the Business.
- Good knowledge of Internet enabling technologies (Internet, Extranet and Intranet).
- An understanding of managing IT Systems and Services through applying the ITIL Methodology.
- A "hands-on" and "work smarter not harder" approach to duties.