- Remote Work
- Government and Public Services
£38000.00 - £43000 per annum
- PMO Analyst
REMOTE ROLES – IT PMO ANALYSTS (x2) | £38k – £43k
I am working with a London based University who are looking for 2x PMO Analysts to join their IT Services PMO.
The PMO Analyst is a key member of the IT Services Project Management Office (PMO). This role will develop, promote and advise both IT and business stakeholders on best practice governance in relation to project activities.
The role holder will manage and co-ordinate data gathering, analysis and reporting across all workstreams within the portfolio, providing insight to senior managers in the areas of planning, risk, change, budgets and benefits realisation.
The role holder will take ownership of the activities outlined in this job description to provide assurance on the successful delivery of projects within the IT portfolio, in accordance with agreed time, budget, risk and quality tolerances.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the PMO Lead to develop and adopt best practice and maturity across the IT Services Portfolio.
- Ensure a deep understanding of the IT Services PMO Governance framework to ensure all project outputs are produced in line with the documented standards for delivery.
- Manage reporting activities across the portfolio to provide consistent and accurate management information on all projects within the IT Services portfolio.
- Schedule, attend and service regular RAID review meetings, providing status updates to the Associate Director of Projects & Business Engagement Team.
- Facilitating and supporting project workshops i.e. Risks, Planning, Kick off sessions.
- Support Project Managers to ensure all project documentation is produced at the correct stage of the project and to the quality standard required by the IT PMO governance framework.
- Keeping a schedule of and reviewing business cases, change requests, closure reports, monthly reporting and other critical artefacts.
- Planning and facilitating PMO and project governance meetings including the creation of slide decks when needed for senior leadership, and stakeholders. Including acting as secretariat where required.
- Utilising financial information to track spend at portfolio/project level to prepare monthly reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience of working within a PMO that delivers work at both project and programme level.
- Understanding of Change Frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience in budget forecasting and reporting, and of public sector procurement and financial regulations.
- Substantial experience of planning and monitoring projects and analysing project performance.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of project management tools and techniques e.g. MS Project.
- Experience of drafting formal documents including business reports, presentations and guidance documents for internal and external consumption.
- Significant experience of defining, implementing and embedding best practice PMO governance processes.
- Able to manage risk and escalate effectively to protect the organisation from uncertainty across the IT portfolio.
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills in particular Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MSP.
- Demonstrate time management and prioritisation skills as well as a keen eye and attention to detail.
- Experience of using Jira, Confluence, Power BI
These roles are Permanent and Remote (with only occasional travel needed on-site) and are paying between £38,000 – £43,000.