La Fosse is currently working with an independent IT reseller to help recruit a 2nd Line Field Service Engineer.
Location/Sites: London, Maidenhead, Bristol & Cambridge
Remuneration: £35,000 - £40,000
Start Date: ASAP
Your role as an 2nd Line Field Service Engineer
As a Field Service Desk Technician, you will be working as part of our shared service desk team to support our customers in a mixture of an on-site and remote capacity. You will be expected to travel to customer sites as part of the role, sometimes at short notice, therefore your own vehicle and driving license are a requirement of the role.
- Work with clients to determine requirements and define the scope of a project, including the timescales required and resources needed to complete
- Implementation of projects, this could be on-site or remote, depending on the project or customer needs
- Travelling to customer sites
- Liaising with staff at all levels of the organisation as well as our internal sales team
- The role is hands-on, so you must be comfortable working autonomously
Ideally to be successful as an 2nd Line Field Service Engineer you will have experience with
- Knowledge and experience in migrating businesses to cloud technologies such as Microsoft 365 using Teams, SharePoint and Exchange Online
- Comfortable dealing with Microsoft/Mac operating systems and the ability to diagnose and resolve issues with these
- Experience with implementing IT solutions
- Experience with Intune
- Microsoft Windows Server implementation and administration to include AD, GPO, RDS, etc
- Basic networking knowledge and an understanding of switches, firewalls, TCP/IP and routing
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills - you are working directly with our clients, alongside our team of technicians, or within a client team
- Comfortable liaising with clients, both in-person and remotely (calls, video, emails etc.)
Sound interesting? Please do apply directly for more detail.