Engineering Delivery Manager
Salary: £50,000 – £70,000
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Engineering delivery manager to look after the Integration and Application programme, developing their micro-services. The client is a forward-thinking and innovative business that is entering its digital and IT growth phase and this role will be part of that transformation.
You will have the opportunity to manage the engineering function that delivers store system changes and overseeing third party delivery partners. You will also play a key role in helping to ensure the successful delivery of dependent projects across other areas of the IT function, some projects can include self-service implementations, APIs, ETL integrations, and point-to-point integrations, and more!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- This role will manage and lead the engineering squads that deliver integrations and applications for retail enterprise systems.
- The ideal candidate will have the skills and ability to promote empowerment of the team, ensuring each team member is fully engaged and making a meaningful contribution, whilst encouraging a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team.
- The majority of the engineering and testing resources are provided through third parties, with most resources nearshore / offshore. The role will build and maintain relationships with third party delivery managers, whilst challenging to ensure value for money.
- Direction will be provided by product owners and third party delivery managers to help the candidate identify and schedule deliverables, release milestones, required activities and tasks. This will include review and approval of work plans for external delivery teams.
- The role will report to the Head of Enterprise Engineering and will help optimise costs, feeding into budgets and forecasts. It will conduct risk and issue assessment and mitigation, and ensure that development delivery goals are in line with business objectives and priorities.
- Excellent experience delivering change to retail technology and systems.
- Experience managing and leading Scrums and Sprints
- Strong stakeholder relationship building and communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience of directing and managing third-party delivery teams, multiple vendors, and nearshore / offshore teams.
- Demonstrable experience of Agile, Waterfall, and Wagile Methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience of project planning/scheduling tools (.i.e., Microsoft Project/Open Workbench), with a solid track record of practical application.
- Experience of delivering developments for multiple change projects and managing interdependencies and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work effectively with the business and IT, at all levels.
- Excellent prioritising skills with ability to re-plan in line with inevitable change within business needs and strong analytical skills.