- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Remote Work
Up to £0.00 per annum
- FPGA Engineer
- Technical Architect
La Fosse are looking for a senior hardware architect(FPGA) with an embedded systems focus to develop electronic platforms for defence and security applications. You will be called upon to develop solutions at the system level as well as take on the detailed electronic design work required to realise your concept.
Although this role is focused on defence and security applications, you will have the opportunity to apply your skills to other sectors in which we are active including healthcare and consumer.
The key technologies for our current projects include:
- Software Defined Radio,
- high-speed networking, and
- ‘hardsec’ / novel hardware-based cybersecurity.
Clients often approach us with unique challenges that require a creative outlook and an adaptable skill set.
Flexible working – We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
- A proven track record of developing elegant hardware architectures in a high-end embedded application space.
- Well versed in a breadth of core electronics disciplines including analogue and digital circuit design and a deep understanding of embedded systems.
- An excellent understanding of key embedded technologies including FPGA, high-end CPUs and SoCs, high speed communication techniques and DDRx memory.
- Exposure to the full product lifecycle from concept generation through to product release including demonstrable experience of delivering your designs into service.
- Possession of a good understanding of the regulatory landscape of the UK, EU and US and a proven track record of designing for compliance with appropriate standards.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)