Role: : Wintel System Administrator Lead
Location: London, Liverpool Street (2-3 days a week in office)
Duration: 6 months
Rates: up to £500/day
Start Date: ASAP
Our London based banking client is currently looking for a Wintel System Administrator Lead to join them on an initial 6-month contract, likely to extend. The successful candidate will support and modernise the Banks Infrastructure, Windows Server and Virtualisation platforms and will migrate from current premises to Vendor managed CoLo Data Centres. They shall carry out discovery, help prioritise and complete the actual migrations by working with third party vendors, project managers and Application Team/Business stakeholders.
- Scope of Services:
- Analyse the current Wintel and Virtualisation technology estate and contribute to a workable migration strategy and plan.
- Work on and provide assistance to other teams that are working on migrations that involve Virtualisation and Windows Server Support.
- Undertake tasks as directed by management.
- Modernise the Windows Server and Virtualisation Infrastructure Platforms estate.
- Resolve and provide explanation on Technical Escalations/delays within the project in the areas pertaining to Wintel Infrastructure
- Raise, obtain approvals and implement Change Records for changes to Windows Server and Virtualisation related Configuration Item's
- Update CMDB, Standard Operating Procedures and Knowledge Base articles pertaining to Windows Server and Virtualisation Platforms.
- Document solutions, fixes and remediation actions and transition to third party vendor.
- Support production environments across Infrastructure Platforms space.
- Run knowledge transfer sessions, which includes shadowing with third party provider.
- Work out of hours support for Production migrations
- Expected Experience:
Professional experience working on Windows Servers and VMware vSphere Virtualisation Infrastructure platforms
- Experience in Active Directory, ADFS and DHCP/DNS Infrastructure Services
- Knowledge and working experience of Windows Powershell, and its general use of automating day-to-day and migration related Wintel tasks.
- Working with Continuous Replication Tools such as Zerto/VMware SRM
- File Server Management including ACL Management, Data Migration and Replication Services
- Experience working and managing Cisco UCS Platforms and/Or Cisco HyperFlex HyperConverged Infrastructure
- Experience with SQL Database platforms
- TCP/IP connectivity debugging.
Experience in working with enterprise scale applications, high availability architectures, load balancing & disaster recovery
- Knowledge of application and cloud security fundamentals
- Working closely with Project Managers and project resources.
- Knowledge of Private cloud hosting solutions
- Knowledge of modern infrastructure practices and delivering Automation
- Experience working in an ITIL environment with tooling such as ServiceNow
If this role sounds of interest and you would like further information, please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.