Job Role: Windows, Storage & VMWare Engineer
Salary: Up to £60,000 + Oncall + Benefits
Location: Hybrid working, 2 days in the office required
Key Skill Set Required: Vmware, Windows servers, Active directory and Netapp is essential
Knowledge & experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting, designing and maintaining Window server platforms, including from version 2016.
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting, designing and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory and associated services.
- Minimum of 1 year experience supporting and maintaining Azure AD.
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting, designing and maintaining VMWare/ESXi platforms.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of Netapp OnTap design, administration and troubleshooting.
- Excellent understanding of Cisco UCS administration, upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of ADFS design, administration and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of network technologies in a hybrid environment (cloud and on-premise).
- Support and development of monitoring infrastructure using appropriate tools.
- Knowledge of Veeam backup system.
- Experience of AWS in a hybrid infrastructure environment.
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Powershell, Ansible and Terraform.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Intune.
- Knowledge of SQL database.
Skills and behaviour
- Excellent problem solving and analytical
- Good teamplayer - keen to contribute as part of the wider Infrastructure team; able to communicate your ideas honestly and clearly and respect the views and opinions of others; keen to create positive work relationships and share knowledge.
- Ability to think and work in a clear, structured manner under pressure, across technology boundaries.
- The ability to plan and manage work, to present a clear list of tasks and time frames to management, and to work to deadlines.
- Ability to work on your own to resolve technical issues, self-motivated and organised.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at both business and technical level.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Positive attitude towards learning and development.