Upstream Marketing Lead / Interim Leadership
Normandy, France (1-1.5 hour commute from Paris)
Offering 800 to 1000 Euro's depending on experience
Our client based in Normandy, France are currently looking for an Interim Marketing Leader to join their team. The successful candidate will join as an Interim to support the marketing and sales divisions as they go through a period of change and are improving their commercial operations following significant funding from a private equity investor to support their global growth.
The role will drive the strategy and execution of all upstream marketing activities that the business maintains the right cadence of innovation and launches in order to maintain the growth trajectory.
We are looking for individuals with a proven track record in upstream marketing initiatives and have experience in the following responsibilities;
- Support the development of deep understanding of customer needs, market trends, technology trends, identification and assessment of significant growth opportunities. Identify and execute market research activities to drive business platform/portfolio decisions
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative market data in order to identify trends in the market and thereby, translate these trends into business opportunities and actions
- Identify and pursue incremental growth opportunities (new markets, new channels, regional opportunities, tech uses etc.) outside and within the existing portfolio
- Can create a relevant and differentiating global value proposition
- Apply strategy by designing and delegating the upstream activities to the Marketing Manager ensuring they are executed
- Identify immediate, midterm and long term product gaps within the portfolio and provide solutions to fill the gaps
- Complete business plans by analyzing different operating models and distribution channels o Complete financial modeling in support of business plan proposal
- Identify key growth areas
- Identify and develop innovative business models
- Innovation, New Product Development & Portfolio Management
- Support the Product Strategy o Collaborate in defining key unmet needs and opportunities
- Collaborate with Downstream Marketing team to develop pre-launch marketing conditioning plans and product launch plans.
- Must be able to communicate vision and win others over to a unified strategy
- Analytical skills enabling financial modeling, pricing plans, business analysis and progress tracking
- Experience in management innovation pipeline and associated governance/stage-gates
- Ability to identify, mitigate/prevent and address obstacles impeding development progress
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Marketing systems and tools
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment. Ideally will have a strong proven track record in global roles with an willingness to travel if appropriate
- Managed Marketing budget of at least EUR 5M in the past and demonstrated successful international product launches
- N.B We are looking for fluent French and English speakers for this assignment. Additional language skills would be advantageous but not essential.
Please apply with your CV if this sounds like you would be a strong candidate for this opportunity.