La Fosse Associates are currently working with a client who are looking to hire a Technical Support Engineer into their team, to support their Linux and Infrastructure environment.
This role will be £300 per day, inside IR35 and based in the West Midlands. Flexible working is on offer, there is likely to be 1-2 days a week needed in the office.
This role will be working within a wider Technical Support team, for provisioning of Linux servers as well as setting up of Linux server management processes. The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for evaluating and assessing the impact of any Linux related reported issues, recommending and implementing resolutions. The main tasks will be to assist in the provisioning and management of Linux virtual servers to support project related tasks.
- Support and build of RedHat Linux servers
- Support and provision of Virtual Servers utilising VMWare
- Ensuring Security procedures are followed
- Advise on technical issues to immediate and senior management
- Liaise with third party suppliers to resolve IT related issues
- Producing quality documentation
Key Experienced needed:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a 2nd level Technical Support role
- Detailed knowledge of RedHat Linux Operating systems and management systems
- Detailed knowledge of Virtualisation technologies, VMware
- Working knowledge of Windows Server Operating systems
- Able to automate system management tasks using Linux shell scripting
- A proven track record of resolving IT technical issues