La Fosse Associates are currently partnered with a client who are looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer into their team on an initial 3 month contract, with the view to extension. This role will be inside IR35 and paying £300 per day.
Remote to start with, but at some point in the months ahead when things start to open up there will be an expectation to go to the office 1-2 days a week. The client are based in the West Midlands.
Key Technology - VMware, Servers, Windows, RedHat Linux (desirable) and PowerShell scripting (desirable). Ideally we are looking for candidates who have worked in a Financial Service or Regulated / Audited environment before.
The Technical Support Analyst will be responsible, as part of the Technical Support team, for providing 2nd line technical support for the organisation's IT systems and supporting technologies. The Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for evaluating and assessing the impact of reported issues, recommending and implementing resolutions. The main tasks will be to assist in the provisioning of virtual servers, both Windows and Linux, and to support project related tasks.
The skills and experience required are:
- Experience in a 2nd level Technical Support role.
- Detailed knowledge of Virtualisation technologies, VMware.
- Working knowledge of provisioning storage from Storage Area Networks.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows Server Operating systems.
- Detailed knowledge of RedHat Linux Operating systems. (desirable)
- Able to automate system management tasks using Windows PowerShell or Linux shell scripting (desirable).
- A proven track record of resolving IT technical issues.