About the client
The client are an exciting new start-up who are on a mission to build an innovative out-of-the-box metrics platform that will automate and simplify start-up metrics and equip founders with actionable insights and the confidence they need to grow out their businesses. The client are backed by seasoned investors and industry veterans as they approach the first round of funding.
About the role
This is the first in-house engineering role and a key hire. For the right candidate, this role will offer an accelerated path to Head of Engineering/co-founder. In this role, you will work closely with the CEO/founder.
On a day-to-day basis, you will lead a team to build a platform that leverages cloud-based infrastructure, integrates with third party software, works with complex data and provides world-class CX. You will collaborate with the product team to refine features, prioritize your team's roadmap and communicate with customers. You will engage in discussions around architecture, solution design and performance optimization. As a result, you will be at the heart of building a product that will significantly improve the lives of entrepreneurs around the world and give each of them the best chance of success.
What they are looking for
- Currently in a technical lead OR senior software engineer role with an ambition to be a lead.
- Strong backend development experience with a willingness to get involved with frontend, as/when relevant.
- Demonstrable experience of having gone through a full cycle of design-build-ship a secure, reliable and performant enterprise level application.
- Proficient in one or more of these: cloud-native app development/services driven architecture/API-driven development.
- Proficient in Java/Spring Boot. Our current tech stack is React/Java/Spring Boot/GCP.
- Proficient with CI/CD, agile methodology.
What they can offer
- Competitive compensation + equity.
- Flexible/Remote working.
- Accelerated learning and career progression.