Role: Technical Lead
Location: London, with remote working (2 days a week onsite)
Salary: Up to £90,000 + 20% bonus + Additional Benefits
The Technology Lead will work to develop and define the Technology strategy. Working alongside the strategic service team to set direction, drive innovation, stretch thinking and ensure the business is constantly benefitting from the best technology. This is not a hands-on project or service engineering role, but will remain pragmatically engaged in designing a technical solution framework, working with our selected partners, and defining the technology direction.
The Technology Lead will assist in defining technology and engineering principles to aid delivery providers to stay aligned with the businesses overall direction. Participating and inputting into the technology governance process, the Technology Lead will ensure that decisions are made swiftly and effectively. These decisions will be reached collaboratively as opposed to a process of seeking or granting approval, giving appropriate balance to strategic capability and pragmatic, real-world solutions.
You will be responsible for;
The design and engineering principles associated with the delivery and operational health of Infrastructure platforms, including but not limited to;
- Use of native PaaS tools in creating a modern cloud-first platform (Azure is preferred)
- DevOps tooling and cloud automation
- Cloud migration strategy, from a server heavy environment to a serverless model where appropriate
- Enterprise storage and datacentre operations
Skills & Experience
- An expert infrastructure engineer with proven experience working across on-prem and hybrid multi-cloud platforms, including native PaaS tools.
- Experience in provisioning and curating cloud environments using infrastructure as code, the use ofDevOps tools and pipelines
- An advocate of best practice in IT operations and Service Management having managed and delivered excellent and stable operational technology services in previous roles. Including the ability to deliver this effectively through Service Providers / outsourcers.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements and communicate effectively between audiences.
- Exposure to service management frameworks, including working with ITIL based Service processes and functions such as Change, Incident, Problem and Transition.
- Experience in agile ways of working, DevSecOps, SRE and continuous delivery
Please apply to learn more!