Role: Systems Engineer
Location: London/Remote (2/3 days a week from home)
Salary: Up to £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
An ideal candidate would have broad understanding and experience with Active Directory, Exchange, Windows server administration and server/infrastructure builds, automation pipelines, Office 365 and ideally, cloud. A successful person for this role would be someone that is a structured thinker and enjoys or wants to get into scripting and automation.
- Create and maintain technical documentation and utilize version control systems, such as Git
- Development of performance metrics and hardware/OS performance tuning
- Office 365, Azure / AWS , and On Premise provisioning
- Identify and automate operational tasks based on trends and incoming work
- Provides technical assistance to developers and the business
- Leads or participates in system problem solving efforts
- Works with Security to integrate security practices into configurations and provisioning processes
- Active Directory and Group Policy Configuration and Administration
- Drive discussions in support of business requirements gathering, analysis, and design
- Recommend tools and methodologies to the Sys Administrators, create proof-of-concept implementations for demonstration
- Utilize tools like PowerShell, SCCM, Ansible, Terraform to drive consistency of configured systems.
- Be part of an On-Call rota
Skills and Key Competencies:
- Experience with Office 365 products
- Extensive understanding of Windows environments including Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange
- Extensive experience working within a distributed Git workflow
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell), and automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform).
- Experience with Operating System Deployment
- Extensive Active Directory experience
- Extensive Exchange experience