Role: Systems Analyst / Solution Architect
Rate: £575/day (Outside IR35)
Duration: 8 Month Contract
Location: London (Hybrid working model available).
Start Date: ASAP
Our key client is currently looking for a highly motivated Systems Analyst / Solution Architect. The Bank is undertaking some large programmes of work, including a Technical Upgrades programme (Infrastructure and Applications) and a Data Centre Migration programme, both of which depend on both broad and deep knowledge of the whole of bank's IT estate to understand, plan and schedule the work required. The successful candidate must be able to evidence experience of having done similarly analysis work on large, complex, IT estates in their CV.
Scope of work;
The Consultant shall carry out tasks under the Assignment including but not limited to:-
- Analyse the client's IT estate, by system, including Servers, Operating Systems, Databases, Application software, versions, interactions/links/dependencies with other systems.
- Update and/or Create Inventory documentation with the results of the analysis, such as Excel spreadsheets, architectural diagrams, and high and low level designs, as appropriate.
- Help to standardise formats/templates/locations of the inventory data. The bank uses several artefacts and formats to document technical designs/architectures/inventory data (e.g. Excel, Enterprise Architect, Visio, ServiceNow CMDB).
- Cross reference and validate information gathered, by talking to the IT teams with information in other systems, e.g. the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) in ServiceNow and information gathered by automated 'discovery' tools and ensuring that they are updated where appropriate.
- Help other people and project teams to understand the Inventory information, and use it to help drive the scope, approach and schedule for technical upgrades and data centre migrations.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge and experience is a 'must have' skill because the Inventory information is currently stored in a large Excel spreadsheet. The successful candidate will be able to use advanced Excel features such as Pivot Tables and Query/SQL to analyse, relate, extract and present complex information in a form that other people can easily understand and use.
- Experience in physical and virtual servers: WMWare, OVMware, Oracle DBMS, SQL Server DBMS, Windows, Linux.
- Developed applications in house with the use using Java and other development tools.
- Experience rolling out and customising applications such as SAP and Summit
If this sounds of interest, please apply and we will be in touch regarding next steps.