We are actively looking for an enthusiastic Retail Systems Developer to join a world known Retailer, located in London. Permanent
Working Style Required to be on call 1 week out of 6 weeks for the full week + 2 days a week in the office
Based within the Head Office and working within the Retail Systems Delivery (RSD) Team, the Retail Systems Developer plays a key role in developing and supporting our most important retail systems (mainly EPOS and related systems).
- Develop changes to retail systems applications
- Supporting delivery of programmes and projects
- Provide 3rd line support for Retail Systems
- Assist in ensuring successful transition of solutions into Service Delivery
- Work within the parameters of the agreed support and maintenance model
- Liaise with third party vendors to deliver solutions and resolve application issues
- Regularly communicate with customers to manage customer expectations
- Produce and maintain appropriate project, support and user documentation
- Effective problem management and issue escalation through established IT processes
- Compliance with agreed operational processes, system maintenance and any regulatory requirements
- Plan and prioritise your workload to meet the service and project requirements
- Ensure business expectations are managed through clear and regular communication
- Maintain positive customer relations and successfully resolve customer complaints and issues.
- Experience with working on Java EPOS systems, preferably Enactor or Retail J
- Has previously delivered change against business requirements
- Experience working with Linux docker systems
- Experience working with Windows based systems
- Experience working with databases (SQL, Derby, MariaDB)
- Confident using Eclipse or equivalent
- Strong customer service focus when dealing with both internal and external parties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability and willingness to multi-task.
- Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Good attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and unwavering commitment to Harrods values
- Ability to perform duties effectively with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Willingness to share knowledge and to collaborate with the wider team whenever possible