About the role
We are looking for a stakeholder engagement professional who has experience of leading complex projects, has strong digital engagement skills and excellent writing skills to join a small stakeholder engagement team.
The purpose of this role is to lead the effective delivery of stakeholder engagement on a key project working with stakeholders internally and from across government. The successful candidate will be expected to bring innovative ideas on how to engage with stakeholders internally as well as with stakeholders external.
- Lead the development and implementation of a communications campaign for a divisional priority project to promote tools and guidance to describe and standardize data across government.
- Develop a digital content strategy for effective use of the division's digital channels.
- Work with the Stakeholder Engagement Manager and Data Communities Manager to produce, curate, manage and monitor content for digital channels. Example activities include writing blog posts, writing social media posts and building your networks to find new and interesting content to share.
- Support the Stakeholder Engagement Manager and Data Communities Manager to find innovative ways to promote the work of the division to internal and external partners.
- Support the delivery of the communications cascade for the Deputy Director as and when required.
The following skills and experience are required to undertake the role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to adapt communications style for different audiences.
- Strong digital and social media management skills and proven track record of managing online meetings, social media channels and blogs.
- Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of using a range of software to provide engaging and digestible content.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and ability to work at a fast pace.
- Experience in government or public sector work, especially in a digital, data or technology field.
- Experience of using and maintaining document management systems such as SharePoint.
- Experience of using project management software such as Jira, Slack etc