Role: SQL Server DBA
Location: London with remote working available
Duration: 6 months initial
Rates: up to £435/day (inside IR35)
Start Date: ASAP
Our London based insurance client is currently looking for a SQL Server DBA to join them on an initial 6 month contract with extension opportunities until the end of the year. The successful candidate will ensure high levels of database availability and will stabilize critical/deteriorating situations with the goal of working towards permanent self-sufficiency. You will encourage scientific/data driven approaches to identify improvement opportunities and will be responsible for developing and implementing database policies to ensure integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
Candidates will need extensive experience in the following:
- Hands-on experience with database administration of Microsoft SQL Server including 2000/2005 /2008/2012/2014/2016/2019
- Including installation, patching, support, monitoring, backup and recovery
- Experience in managing 24*7 production server, huge databases and multiple instances
- Proficiency in logical/physical data modelling/architecture design.
- Excellent skill in T-SQL Performance Tuning.
- Experience with MS SQL Server log shipping, replication, database mirroring and high availability like AlwaysOn
- Experience with MS SQL Agent and features: maintenance plan, scheduled jobs, alert, SQL Mail and DB Mail
- Experience with performance tuning, execution plan, trouble shooting, index and statistics
- Good knowledge of active-active cluster, SAN storage, data partitioning, multi-thread environment
- Good knowledge of and skills in database security design and implementation
- Knowledge of current technology to positively influence the development environment.
- Troubleshooting DB related alerts
- Backup/Restore, Data Refresh/Migration
- Familiar with MSSQL features such as TDE, Compression, MDW and DMVs
- Knowledgeable with various Backup and restores processes such as partial Backup, Point in time restores etc.
The role will form part of a team providing 24*7 support to global in house users when required.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like further information, please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.