A SQL Database Adminstrator is required to join a fast-growth team at a time where IT is undergoing huge transformation.
Your role as SQL Database Administrator...
- Create SQL queries and reports to meet business requests and requirements
- Maintain tools for remote management and alert monitoring
- Maintain Disaster Recovery plans in relation to SQL and testing at the DR Site.
- Document and demonstrate that SQL backups take place and the systems are recoverable.
- Manage, maintain and monitor all database infrastructure components including networking, storage, server & compute virtualisation,
- Monitor and maintain databases to the latest patch and Service Pack levels in line with Microsoft Best Practices and Product Support Lifecycles.
- Plan and Implement new databases introduced within agreed timelines as per business requests and requirements
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Pro-actively maintain the SQL Production Job Schedule. Including updates to Job Schedule Documentation
- Provide technical database expertise and/or solution delivery support for maintaining performance and reliability of database solutions
- Improve system reliability and administrative efficiencies by implementing automation and scripted solutions
In order to be succesful as SQL Database Administrator you will...
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server (versions 2008, 2012 onwards)
- Excellent knowledge and demonsterable skills at supporting and monitoring the SQL Server environment, including those in the Store network
- System Management skills for OS updates and recommend configuration modification(s)
- Windows Server Operating Systems (2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016)
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Good working knowledge of PowerShell scripting and/or VBScipt
Sound interesting? Please do apply directly.