Role: Solution Architect
Location: London (Hybrid)
Duration: 6 months
Rates: up to £585/day outside IR35
Start Date: ASAP
Our London based banking client is currently looking for a Solutions Architect to join them on an initial 6-month contract as part of a multi-year investment initiative in technology across the whole organisation. The successful candidate will need to understand business requirements and be able to identify, elaborate, describe and communicate application solutions. They will use techniques such as technology capability modelling, architecture patterns, industry best practice and will need to quickly gain an understanding of current systems, processes, and constraints. They will work closely with other architects, IT management and business stakeholders to promote a consistent approach to and understanding of both project and strategic priorities. The role involves anticipating the kinds of systems and technologies that the client will need to deploy in order to meet future business demands.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with analysts, solution architects, developers, SMEs and others, to capture requirements.
- Ensure that architectures and designs are an appropriate balance between short-term delivery needs and medium-term strategic aspirations. All deviations from the ideal solution should be explicit and agreed through appropriate governance.
- Identify and drive the resolution or remedy of issues and risks relating to the items above.
- Propose appropriate technologies and techniques for meeting challenges in the programme.
- Ensure cross-programme alignment of architectures, applications, and data to provide consistency and quality across the solution.
- Present and explain architecture matters in governance and other fora where appropriate.
- Extensive experience in architecture across a range of platforms and business domains.
- Experience of a wide range of technologies and techniques.
- Experience in integration techniques and technologies.
- Able to oversee and guide junior team members on architecture-related tasks.
- Actively engaged and aware of current developments in architecture and related disciplines, tools and markets.
- Experience of large IT and Business Change programmes.
- Able to work effectively across multiple cross-functional teams and contexts, responding to their differing needs and levels of expertise, in an Agile delivery model.
- Very strong collaboration skills.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like further information, please respond with an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration.