La Fosse are currently working in partnership with an international leading insurancer. They have set out an ambitious technology improvement programme, and are seeking a Solution Architect to help shape this journey.
The existing line of business applications are mostly .NET / Visual Basic / Visual C based, running against DB2 with some RPG in overnight processes. In addition, the business uses Dynamics Sales & Service and a low-code based customer facing portal.
The IT function is shared across thegroups entities, with a team specifically earmarked to P&I – you would be joining this P&I dedicated team.
The ambition set by the business is to both add new capabilities and componentise / update various aspects of the existing systems over the next few years, with data, document management and enhanced CRM features on the agenda for the next 12 months.
Overall Objective of Role:
Working with a small, P&I dedicated team incorporating an Analyst, Developers & Technical Specialists and with the support of the wider IT team, take responsibility for designing and integrating the cross-platform system changes needed to support the business outcomes.
The key role focus will be on helping the analyst to translate business requirements in to end to end solutions & documented designs, ensuring all designs are approved and agreed with Enterprise Architecture, Information Security and other key stakeholders, and supporting the development teams to realise your design.
You would also be expected to help define and take on of new technical platforms as needed to meet the goals (e.g. Power Platform, 3rd party APIs / services, other Cloud technologies).
As a solution architect you will also facilitate estimation of the work, support the definition of the development environment (CI / CD pipelines, code control) in alignment with existing IT practises and governance.
As a small team, we would expect you to engage with the user community on their needs, and help identify new areas of improvements / opportunities over time.
The opportunity to get involved in prototyping and development will be available, subject to the solution design work.
Bringing innovation and creativity to problem solving.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in a solution architecture role with mixed technologies (including Microsoft, .NET, Azure platforms) across multiple substantial projects
- Experience of creating and documenting designs, and getting these agreed by other stakeholders
- Working within a regulated Financial Services environment or similar, including data subject to GDPR
- In depth commercial experience working with Power Apps including Dynamics
- Experience in ensuring solutions are secure by design
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- A strong background & experience in building scalable, resilient, and secured solutions using Microsoft Power Platform for regulated businesses.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Experience in Architectural planning /roadmap creation
Good to have Skills and Knowledge
- Commercial Insurance knowledge, especially P&I
- In depth experience of Power Platform a distinct advantage – Canvas App, Model Driven Apps, Connectors, Dataverse and ideally AI Builder.
- Dynamics (Customer Service / Sales and Marketing)
- iSeries / DB2 / RPG exposure
- Exposure to Generative AI in a business context
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Creation and maintenance of Requirements Traceability Matrix, ensuring solution design meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Establish a substantial understanding of the P&I business and their systems
- Creation and maintenance of high level designs, including information architecture, business architecture, infrastructure, security & application architecture
- Active engagement of stakeholders to secure approval of design artefacts, aligned to our Enterprise Architecture and InfoSec standards
- Active engagement with Operations teams to ensure that any new solution is supportable
- Review and QA of Low Level Designs, working closely with development teams to ensure designs are adhered to
- Review of development plans and estimates
- Keeping abreast of changes and developments in relevant technology areas and identifying any associated impacts or opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure needs are understood