Software Project Manager
UK Wide (will be required to do occasional office visits, but will consider a mostly remote model)
£55,000 to £65,000 per annum
Our client are going through an exciting journey of growth at the moment. This SaaS organisation currently are true market leaders within their space, and have software product suites that cannot be rivalled in their sector audience. After a highly successful launch and trial period for some of these products, they are now going from strength to strength in a wealth of software implementations across the UK, as well as future plans of expansion into European and Australian markets.
The organisation are now looking for a Software Project Manager to join their team, this position has come about due to growth in the team rather than turnover. This person will work alongside the Development Managers and Software Engineering teams to ensure excellent project process and overarching delivery management of a number of critical new products, bespoke software additions and high profile software implementation work. This position will sit within the Digital division, and will bridge the gap between the Software Engineering / Development team and the Project & Programme realisation teams to ensure that software projects run smoothly with a focus on software quality, consistency, time management, communication, process improvement as well as others. The successful candidate will need a strong background in SDLC, technical and software focused project management, and will have worked closely with both programme / business stakeholders as well as Software Developers, Testers, Development Managers etc.
In this role your key responsibilities will include;
- Management of Software Projects across multiple digital streams; responsible for driving the projects through to successful delivery
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the complexities involved in delivering software projects
- Plan the projects to ensure delivery to agreed timescales, scope, cost, and quality metrics, and effectively prioritise between short-term reactive demands and long-term planning
- Perform management duties in our software development environment to deliver software that meets business objectives while effectively managing risk
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders to negotiate and determine scope, requirements, schedules, and budgets, employing risk management strategies as appropriate
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with product managers to help them manage the product backlog and produce an estimated and prioritised list of clear and concise user stories with acceptance criteria
- Manage SDLC processes in relation to successful project completion and delivery
This role will suit someone who is passionate about successfully delivering software for transformative digital projects in an agile, collaborative and cross-functional environment. Our ideal candidate for this position will be;
- Comfortable using tools such as VSTS, Slack, Confluence, time planning, MS Project, Visual Studio, etc.
- Technically credible with our specialist resources as they coordinate multiple projects that require teams to design, build, test, and release high quality software systems on time.
- Resilient, positive communicator, comfortable with delivering work to internal stakeholders and confident to provide opinion, challenge or a 'no' when required.
- Driven to solve business challenges with technology and excited at the potential to join a talented and growing team with exciting prospects for the future.
- Prior experience managing complex software projects is essential.
- Experience of projects where the software is engineered to be deployed in web and Cloud (esp. AWS) environments would be beneficial.
If this sounds of interest and you'd like a confidential discussion, please apply with your CV and we will be in touch if this position could be appropriate for you.