A Software Engineering Manager is needed to join a world leading ethical trade service provider, improving sustainability and working conditions in global supply chains. The client provide practical tools, services and a community network to help companies source responsibly and operate an ethical business.
Technology is core to what the client do - their online platform is used by major businesses such as a Walmart, Tesco and Amazon to understand the human impact of the supply chains within their business, and that analysis has a direct positive impact on the lives of workers.
If you're passionate about technology, interested in building world-class scalable solutions, and have always secretly hoped that your skillset might one day be put to use as an agent of genuinely positive real-world change, then this might be the place for you.
The client are looking for a highly-skilled/forward-thinking, high-level technical leader to join an agile product delivery team, and provide technical guidance and leadership to a number of cross-functional delivery pods tasked with building out a new SaaS platform.
In the first 3 months you will
* Understand the overall architectural landscape
* Familiarise with the systems with which your teams works, and the context in which they operate
* Begin driving the solutions coming out of your teams, making positive contributions through your guidance and support
* Gain an in-depth understanding of the production environment setup, CI-CD pipe, and deployment approach
* Familiarise with and begin monitoring the operational data and metrics from the production environment
* Build relationships cross-team and cross-function
* Understand the team processes and cycles, and start forming ideas on how they can be improved
* Develop a solid grounding in your understanding of the business and how it operates
Your skills and experience:
* Min 5 years experience of working in tech teams at a senior level
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong experience of mentoring and coaching
* Strong experience of working with Agile methodologies
* A results-oriented mindset
* A strong sense of accountability
Bonus points for:
o Any hands-on experience with the technologies we use. E.g:
▪ Java / Kotlin
You should be:
* Confident and engaging in terms of modern development practices and techniques, and naturally collaborative and approachable in your manner
* Able to convey complex information in an easily understandable manner
* Willing to initiate honest and open conversations across all levels, providing constructive feedback that helps to grow in maturity as a team
* Enthusiastic and engaging in convincing others of your ideas, and able to motivate them to buy into initiatives without needing to rely upon hierarchy
* Be ultimately accountable for the deliveries of your teams
* Providing direct technical leadership on large, multi-team deliveries
* Work in close collaboration with the Product team to help construct a roadmap that is both realistic and in-line with business strategy and goals
* To help define and articulate the architectural vision and framework that will govern approach to solutions, and to have oversight of the architectural solutions that your teams produce - guiding them to ensure they are in line with overall strategic direction, and likely to deliver results on-time
If you are keen to work with a team of industry leading software engineers and leaders on a solution that is tangibly and globally improving people's lives, please do get in touch.