Software Engineering Manager - UK WIDE - Initial 3 Month Contract
Our client are currently embarking on some business critical delivery across their Software and Digital products, and are looking for someone to join their team on an interim / contract basis as a Software Engineering Manager who can help support them in this journey.
The organisation are looking for a Software Manager who will be reporting into the Head of Engineering and will be responsible leading for multiple teams of Developers, Engineers and QA throughout the product delivery. The candidate for this position must still have a solid technical understanding of software build in relation to managing the delivery pipelines, however this is not a hands on role and does require higher level management and technical prioritisation etc.
The successful candidate must have relevant experience in the following areas;
- Software Development / Software Engineering team management experience of 2/3+ teams with full responsibility of the team from a line management perspective
- Extensive software delivery experience at a medium to large scale from inception through the full lifecycle, including design, technical prioritisation and project management skills. Ideally you will have worked in agile, scrum or kanban software environments and have a good background in incorporating this into the software product delivery
- Proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members from Team Leads through to Junior Developers and will have had responsibility for recruitment previously and setting up a new team
- Working with other Technology Management to ensure positive communication througout product delivery, and working closely with Product Owners and Teams to push back or agree changes where needed for successful delivery outcomes
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and working with remote or global teams would be highly advantageous
Please send CV's initially