Location Flexible, Fully Remote Working Options
£55,000 to £65,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Our client are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis and will be supporting of the delivery of some pretty interesting and cool project work upcoming in the business. The organisation is within the gaming sector and they work on some pretty amazing stuff, especially for a technical person who is passionate about gaming or a self proclaimed geek for all things tech then this is a great company for you! You will work on some very interesting project pieces and the company has a very open, friendly and relaxed cultural environment. This role will consider people based anywhere in the UK (or further afield dependant on visa requirements or restrictions) and can consider fully remote working options.
- Liaising with stakeholders to understand business problems, and quickly deliver appropriate solutions.
- Upholding and raising the quality of team output through code reviews and feedback.
- Collaborating with technical leaders to develop best practices with new technologies and approaches.
- Identifying technical debt, and areas of process improvement, which can deliver value to the business.
- Engaging in Agile processes and ceremonies with the delivery teams.
- Collaborating with other developers and test analysts to develop robust testing processes which facilitate rapid delivery of high quality software.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members to improve their technical skills, and their alignment with business goals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in software engineering in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrable experience in Cloud and Serverless engineering.
- A strong understanding of the following principles/ methods:
- Object-oriented and functional programming principles
- Internet traffic concepts
- Paired programming
- Test-driven development
- Agile/Scrum delivery method
- Single page application frameworks, such as React, NoSQL / document DB data structures.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Be adaptable to change and enjoy working under pressure.
- Experience in AWS Engineering and knowledge of Java / J2EE and relational database structures would also be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of an exciting future of this organisations and work in a great collaborative environment, we want to hear from you!