Software Development Manager -
London, Hybrid Working, Highly Available Platforms, £120,000 per annum
Our client operates multiple marketplaces and a proprietary global auction platform with a history going back almost 100 years. They have introduced new marketplaces, innovative technology and tools to global auction audiences .
Platform technology is at the heart of our clients growth, powering live and timed auctions across multiple marketplaces and a white label offering. They offer real time audio, video and touchpoints across three major industries: industrial machinery, construction & farm equipment; art, antiques & collectables; and consumer surplus & retail returns.
They are currently seeking a Software Development Manager to join their team who will have a background in developing software for consumer-facing products, a strong technical ability, excellent organisational and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Coach, mentor, develop and inspire the engineering community including line management responsibilities. Direct reports based in the UK and external engineering partners overseas.
- Instill a high bar for operational excellence through regular review of operational metrics with your team
- Manage each project's scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings, and daily stand-ups
- Work with product owners to manage roadmaps and sprint backlogs.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Oversee & report on progress of development team with delivery metrics (velocity, cycle time, burndown etc.)
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, maintainability, scalability, resilience, performance etc.
- Experience managing engineers and a passion for people management and mentorship.
- Knowledge of highly scalable, transactional, resilient, performant architecture.
- High traffic, Gaming, or eCommerce retail platform experience.
- Knowledge of DevOps (CI/CD, Pipelines, IaaC), Cloud native engineering (Azure and AWS)
- Knowledge of NET Framework, .NET Core, C#, Kubernetes, cloud native architecture Azure/AWS, SQL, NoSQL
- Knowledge of TDD, SOLID principles.
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
This is a hybrid working role from Central London. For more information please send your CV to me on Kamni.firstname.lastname@example.org.