La Fosse is currently working with an international construction company to help recruit a Service Desk Manager for their Hertfordshire branch. You will be leading a team that supports circa 3k users in the UK and will have full autonomy to lead how you see fit, in a fairly immature environment.
Location: Hoddesdon (ideally onsite 3/4 days a week)
Remuneration: Up to £55,000 + benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Your role as a Service Desk Manager
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of 10 Service Desk Engineers. They will act as the Service Desk's single-point-of-contact (SPOC) for all IT areas, applications, and business processes and will help provide a focus on end-to-end service lifecycle support.
- Lead the team, inspire, and motivate your people to ensure all tasks and duties are completed to a higher standard.
- Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied in line with ITIL and/or industry best practice.
- Owning both Incident & Problem management.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team, ensuring appropriate and robust process management and review frameworks are put in place and is followed.
- Analyse performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Continually review and update request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Implement Customer Satisfaction review process and ensure that feedback is reviewed and responded to in all instances where low satisfaction is reported.
Ideally to be successful as a Service Desk Manager
- 2+ Years in a similar role at a large organisation (1000/2000+ employees).
- Experience in transforming an IT Service Desk into a High Performing Team.
- Experience in designing, implementing and continually improving processes.
- Experience in Management Reporting.
- Experience in working with ServiceNow.
Sound interesting? Please do apply directly for more detail.