Software Engineer - Willis Towers Watson via AND Digital
We are looking for exceptional Engineers to join our newly formed teams incubating and scaling disruptive AI/ML InsureTech products working in Lean methodology with Design Thinking at its core.
You will have significant involvement in the continual evolution of our products, working collaboratively with the team to improve and develop our technology.
Championing our collaborative environment, you will work closely with other Software Engineers, SREs, Data Scientists, ML Engineers and UX Engineers in implementing robust and scalable InsureTech applications.
From creating architecture diagrams, developing secure performant services to writing the infrastructure code, as a software engineer at WTW, you be contributing to success at each stage of the software lifecycle of our team's solutions.
* You will become one of our key contributors who guide and foster innovation by developing leading edge products that span various Insurance market segments.
* Collaboration is key Promoting collaborative ways of working in a cross-functional product team.
* Driving Engineering Excellence. This isn't just about writing great code; it's about advocating practices that push high quality engineering. You'll lead by example teams in reflecting on what went well and what they could have done better and turn those into learning actions. You will take pride in the solutions you and your team develop.
* Learning culture. You'll be passionate about learning and continuous improvement, both for yourself and for your team. When you learn something new you will want to share it with others. You'll organize and encourage learning opportunities for others and will actively advocate the growth of the knowledge of those around you
Your responsibilities include:
* Designing and documenting software solutions meeting functional and non-functional requirements,
* Implementing unit tests, developing test frameworks, and associated automated test cases
* Reviewing and debugging code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt,
* Working closely with test engineers to guarantee suitable test coverage, identifying, and executing manual tests, if necessary,
* Contribute to MVP definition, design, and development activities.
* Champion Lean startup and Design Thinking across organization.
* Contribute to companywide chapters in relevant areas for your role such as ML, Data Science, Software, Architecture, Security etc.
* Participate in internal and external dev events such as hackathons, dev conferences and collaborate with our Academic and industry partners worldwide on research and innovation initiatives.
* Mentor junior developers, graduates, and interns.
* High level of autonomy and strong bias for action. Ability to thrive in ambiguity.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C#, Kotlin
* Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
* Experience and understanding of building products on cloud infrastructure such as Azure, AWS and GCP.
* Experience with SQL, NoSQL.
* Experience designing, developing, and creating RESTful web services and APIs
* Experience with message brokers such as Kafka
* Familiarity with front-end technology (e.g., Angular, React)
* Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and test automation
* Experience in distributed computing, machine learning, data science.
* Experience in database/application scaling, optimization and monitoring
* Good understanding of agile and lean development practices.
* Ability to write and speak in English fluently.
* Other highly desirable, but not essential skills are:
* General knowledge of the Insurance Industry
* Understanding of working in a Lean Startup and building products with Design Thinking.
* Previous experience working in startup or working in an incubator.
* People management or mentoring or technical leadership experience.
* Experience in working with or building MLOPs, DevSecOps.
* Experience in data streaming applications and NLP is a plus
* Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer