We currently have a number of really exciting opportunities within an executive non-departmental public body regulating health and social care services in England.
The Senior Software Engineer will;
- Design, run and improve web application software that meets user needs.
- Write clean, secure code following a test-driven approach. Create code that is open by default and easy for others to reuse.
- Plan and lead development on sets of related stories.
- Have an understanding of the whole system and take responsibility for teaching this to others.
- Work with other Digital disciplines to understand what needs to be built.
- Operate the production services that are built including maintenance and support.
- Find ways to improve system robustness, resilience and stability
Skills & Experience;
- Educated to degree-level, professional qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience with design, development, test and maintenance of web applications.
- Experience developing systems following a microservices architecture.
- Experience in at least one Object Oriented programming language e.g. Java or C#.Net.
- Good all-round web development experience, including awareness of best practices and standards such as accessibility, usability and web standards
- Experience of delivering web solutions in an integrated environment, with an understanding of how to optimize solutions to gain performance and stability
- Knowledge and experience of automation technology to support continual integration and continual deployment.
- Demonstrable experience of working in multi-disciplinary Agile delivery teams.
- Experience of adapting to change, applying engineering principles to new technologies.
- Experience of deploying and managing applications on a cloud platform such as Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps, including Configuration Management, Environment Management, Release Management and Automation.
- Experience of Agile tools and processes e.g. Kanban, SCRUM, Trello, JIRA, SLACK, GitHub, etc.
- IDAM services such as OKTA
- Public Secotr background