Banner Default Image
Back to job search

Senior Security Supply Chain Analyst

  • Location:

    England

  • Sector:

    Governance, Risk & Compliance

  • Job type:

    Permanent

  • Job functions:

    Chief Data Security Officer

  • Salary:

    £50000 - £60000 per annum + + bonus & employer doubled pension scheme

  • Contact:

    William Sharp

  • Contact email:

    william.sharp@lafosse.com

  • Job ref:

    60930_1627583904

  • Published:

    2 months ago

  • Expiry date:

    2021-09-09

  • Startdate:

    ASAP

Senior Security Supply Chain Analyst - Remote

My Midlands basec client are recruiting for a Senior Security professional who specialises in Security Controls Assurance within IT Supply Chain.

This role is be resposible for ensuring compliance with regulations and internal controls by performing supplier assurance evaluations, identify control deficiencies, recommending improvements in internal control structure and conducting independent assessments of third parties. The role will span across both 1st and 2nd line of defense.

Primary Roles & Responsibilities:

  • Establish and maintain good working relationships across IT, Security, Commercial, Procurement, Legal and supplier sponsors.
  • Provide IT supply chain assurance support, advice and challenge for National Grids 1st line of defense functions prior to the contracting of services or products.
  • Review supplier responses to defined security questionnaires, identifying and quantifying areas of risk and potential vulnerability.
  • Facilitate root cause analysis and consultation on action plans with business owners and IT control owners based on the risks and remediations required to close out findings.
  • Drive continuous improvement in the 1st / 2nd LoD supply chain assurance practices and processes, improving the effectiveness of security questionnaires, maintaining the right balance of requirements between IT and with stakeholder relationships.

Knowledge and Capabilities:

  • Knowledge of the 3 Line of Defense model for Risk Management.
  • Lots of 3rd party / supplier security experience.
  • Able to demonstrate a high degree of credibility and influence senior stakeholders within the organisation.
  • Thorough knowledge of IT and information/cyber security controls.
  • Able to support resolution of potential conflicts that may arise between the needs of the business, the supply chains capability and IT security posture against regulatory policies and standards.
  • Experience working to information security frameworks (ISO, NIST, COBIT etc).

This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the Supply Chain Security function for a FTSE 100 brand, working on numerous large scale programs and critical national infrastructure. This role sits in a newly established function that has huge expansion plans on the horizon, thus providing the chance to own processes and offering fantastic career growth opportunities.

The client offer a heavily remote working environment, with you only needing to in be the Warwick office approx 1 day per month, once things return to normal. The position is paying up to £60,000 + bonus & doubled pension scheme up to 6% (6% employee, 12% employer = overall 18%).

Please apply to this advert and send your CV to william.sharp@lafosse.com to discuss further.