Senior Frontend Engineer (Contract)
The Agile Hub
The Agile Hub at Shell sets out to do things differently by taking a unique approach of balancing human-centred and digital design with an Agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a huge variety of potential projects and digital products to build across the business, you'll be challenged to think and do differently, with the opportunity to get involved at all stages from discovery and design to embedding and scaling.
We are a proactive group of engineers looking for candidates who are willing to do more than just respond to issues. We thrive on working smarter not harder, and always look for opportunities to automate as much of our operations as possible. We make our own alerts, find anomalies, fix issues, and ask why things happen.
We use Open-Source tools deployed on the Azure environment.
What we want
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our cross-functional product team. You will work closely with backend engineers, product manager, designers and vendors to deliver our product.
What you will do
- Build web applications using modern tools such as React, Typescript, GraphQL, CSS, Jest, Webpack
- Deliver high-quality, well-tested code
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate and seek feedback
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
Who you are
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- User-centric mindset, you care deeply about performances, accessibility, and the overall user experience.
- Rave about the benefits that CI / CD has given you in previous projects
- You have had exposure to back-end technologies such as APIs, databases, cloud services, and infrastructure
- A solid background in Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture
Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Shell will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
At the Shell Agile Hub, we're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better company--and world--for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.