- Hybrid Working
- Office Based
£100000.00 - £120000 per annum
- Programme Manager
Job Title: Senior Project/Programme Manager
The Senior Project Manager is a crucial role within our client and will be responsible the management of key strategic projects across the business. The successful candidate will be pivotal in driving strategic initiatives and managing a diverse portfolio of projects across the organisation. They will be responsible for overseeing the entire project lifecycle, ensuring timely delivery, and aligning projects with business objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Project Shaping, Planning and Initiation:
- Work with business leads to shape projects including defining scope, benefits and objectives, and establishing key performance indicators.
- Ensure the scope, objectives and project benefits are clearly defined and agreed with the member of the Management Committee who is sponsoring the project
- Develop comprehensive project plans, including timelines, resources, and budgets.
- Conduct feasibility studies and risk assessments to identify potential roadblocks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project requirements and expectations.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct regular status meetings and communication channels to ensure transparency and alignment.
- Allocate and manage project resources efficiently, including team members, vendors, and external partners.
- Monitor resource utilisation and forecast capacity – identifying resource constraints and managing accordingly
Risk & Issue Management
- Identify, assess, and mitigate project risks and issues and escalate appropriately
- Develop contingency plans and proactive strategies to address potential obstacles.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare and deliver weekly progress reports to stakeholders, summarising project status, milestones, and risks.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation, including project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Monitor project budgets, track and forecast expenses, and provide timely updates to senior management
Skills, qualifications, and experience:
- 10 years of project or programme management experience in the London Market insurance industry
- Deep understanding of London Market insurance
- Strong influencing, relationship management and decision-making skills, showing clear leadership when it comes to driving out the definition of a problem and its solution.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with an ability to challenge stakeholders in a constructive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Significant experience of supporting and delivering complex change management, including management of portfolios and programmes of change.
- Proven experience in delivering against committed plans and performance, working with and through direct and virtual teams
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and guide cross-functional teams and capable of developing strong, long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology, or related disciplines
- Industry Standard Project management credentials (Prince 2, PMI, APM etc. )
- CII qualifications desired but not essential