Role: Senior Project Manager
Location: London ~ 1-2 days a week in office.
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000.
I am working with a leading and established publishing company which are embarking on a major digital transformation within their education service line. They are looking for a confident and experienced Senior Project Manager to join the team and deliver a range of digital and software - led projects within their portfolio.
You will have the opportunity to work across the portfolio on a range of software projects simultaneously to deliver learning products and services. You will be working with and managing multiple vendors, multi-disciplined teams, stakeholders, and 3rd parties so communication is key within this role. You will be coaching and managing teams throughout the project lifecycle with an initiative to instil a motivational and a skill development culture.
- Managing multiple digital projects within a business portfolio simultaneously.
- Scheduling and supporting stand-ups, iteration reviews, retrospectives and planning activities. Including milestone tracking, and reporting to stakeholders.
- Creating and embodying team spirit, collaboration and developing a high performing, empowered team with a clear purpose and schedule of tasks on an end to end basis.
- Providing Management guidance and support, in all aspects of the project lifecycle - from product definition, technical decisions and user experience through to marketing and sales.
- Working with multiple internal teams, and 3rd party suppliers to ensuring the project goals and delivery within quality, cost and schedule is clear and understood by all colleagues.
- Ensuring communication internally and externally are clear and precise, maintaining a high - level communication throughout the project lifecycle.
- Have a forward-thinking approach to opportunities that could be recommended and implemented for the IT department to aid efficiency.
- Managing risks / Issues, dependencies and mitigations, and acting as a point of contact for all associated communications to all levels including C-level.
- Strong leadership skills, being a strong influencer within the matrix teams and stakeholders.
- Maximising team skills and identifying deficiencies to create associated mitigations / recommendations to optimise teams' performance.
- Industry experience in managing software projects on an end-to-end basis.
- Experience managing third-party vendors and maintaining quality of the products and service they are contributing to the projects.
- +5 years as a Senior Project Manager with proven delivery of both Agile Software Development and waterfall project delivery.
- Extensive experience of managing multiple projects within a business portfolio.
- Demonstrable experience of building teams, business relationships and motivating / mentoring teams.
- Strong organiser, who is task orientated to delivery, including tracking and reporting.
- Confident goals and objectives setter, experience of team level task setting and empowerment, in delivery of projects.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC.