Senior Project Manager - Global company - Hybrid working model / London - Remote / £65,000
La Fosse are recruiting on behalf of a Global Advertising Agency who are looking for a Senior Project manager to work on their internal business transformation and change management projects.
The Global Production Strategy & Transformation team is a new department, established over recent months to lead and drive the delivery of transformational programmes and projects within the Production and Innovation division in Hogarth. Our work can range from the implementation of new technologies to enable production optimisation, leading the delivery of new capabilities in emerging technologies, through to managing organisational restructuring across our global centres, and everything in between.
Due to the diverse range of projects within our portfolio, it's expected that we are comfortable working across both technology and also people & process to ensure successful delivery and continued adoption of all initiatives.
What will you do as a Senior PM?
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to plan, document, execute and deliver global transformation projects of varying scale and complexity, ensuring adherence to strict schedules and keeping within budget. The Senior Project Manager will need to be self-sufficient and must possess a solid understanding of both the Project Lifecycle and Project Management best practices.
The role will work closely with other team members to set high standards, ensure knowledge transfer and support the development of the individual team members.
As a senior member of the Global Production Strategy & Transformation team, you will engage with global Senior Leadership and their operational teams to ensure successful delivery of major strategic projects. As such, must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well experience of large-scale, high profile projects.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Leading the management of projects of varying scale by developing robust plans, managing budgets, monitoring progress and executing delivery and continued adoption
- Ensuring all Change Management activities have been considered, planned and are actively managed
- Managing globally distributed virtual project resources, ensuring project objectives and goals are communicated and understood, and roles & responsibilities are defined and accepted.
- Troubleshooting and coordinating resolutions to issues related to the delivery of the project
- Supporting and collaborating with other internal departments across all stages of the project
- Delivering exemplary stakeholder engagement, across all levels, whilst executing the project
- Proactively maintaining awareness of other projects and remove obstacles/create flexibility when required to support their delivery
- Ensuring project closure process & documentation is formally completed and communicated
- Ensuring high quality delivery is maintained throughout the project lifecycle
- Promoting teamwork and collaboration across the project team, appreciating it as a complex adaptive system.
- Mentoring team members where appropriate
- Keeping up-to-date with your area of expert knowledge and industry trends with an emphasis on best practice project management techniques
- Managing complex projects with at least £250K budget
- Representing Hogarth professionally to third-party partners and suppliers
- Fully participating in the company's performance management and development programmes
- Working in accordance with the company's Human Resources policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements
- Ensuring compliance with all contractual employment obligations
Key Candidate Requirements
The Senior Project Manager must have demonstrable experience in the following competencies:
- Scope Management: The ability to control the work included in a project, ensuring that all work that has been scoped and can be delivered against an agreed schedule
- Time Management: The ability to ensure timely completion of projects, including activity (task) definition and sequencing processes
- Cost Management: The ability to plan, estimate and control costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget. This includes resource planning, cost budgeting and project reconciliation
- Quality Management: The ability to ensure that project delivery meets the quality needs for which the project as defined
- Change Management - Ensuring all change management considerations are captured, planned, managed and successfully delivered
- Communications Management: The ability to link people (including team members and stakeholders), ideas, and information throughout a project life cycle
- Risk Management: The ability to identify, analyse, and appropriately respond to project risks
- Organisation: The ability to balance a varied workload and to prioritise time effectively
- Formal PM qualification and 5+ Years Project Management experience - Prince2/PMI/APM/others - Waterfall/Agile
- Ideally 2+ Years Change Management experience
- Experience of working on complex projects delivering significant wide reaching operational benefits across technology, people & process.
- Experience of working in a decoupled environment and collaborating effectively with other geographical operations and third-party suppliers
- Ideally experience with media/advertising production operation, and interest in related & emerging technologies
Desirable Skills (not a pre-requisite but would be advantageous):
- Formal Change Management qualifications - Prosci/Change Management Institute (CMI)/APMG/other
- Recent experience within the creative media industry