- Professional Services
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Bonus + Excellent Benefits.
- Senior Project Manager
1 month ago
Bonus + Excellent Benefits.
Role: Senior IS&T Project Manager
Location: Salford ~ 1 day Per week/ 2 Days bi-weekly
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000.
I am working with a leading faculties management organisation who are in need of a Senior Project Manager to join their team. You will be responsible for the planning and coordination of large complex projects , (typically with a managed budget in excess of £250K, greater than 12 months in duration and spanning multiple business functions), or a set of related projects within a programme of business change, to manage their interdependencies in support of specific business strategies and objectives.
You will have the opportunity to deliver a ranges of projects and programmes including; infrastructure, security, software development, 3rd party applications, and more! Offering guidance to the Project Managers throughout the Project Lifecycle and maintain delivery of all projects/ programmes with the budget, time and vision agreed upon in the planning stages of the project lifecycle.
- Take full responsibility for the definition, documentation, management and successful completion of a portfolio of complex projects and programmes.
- Provide effective leadership to the project team and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates.
- Plan, direct, and co-ordinate activities to manage and implement a programme or project on an end-to-end basis, including the transition into BAU; plans, schedules, monitors, and reports.
- Select methods and tools, ensuring effective project control, change control, risk management and testing processes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Monitor and control resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manage expectations of project stakeholders
- Maintain programme and project files from supplied actual and forecast data.
- Support programme or project control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
- Be involved in aspects of supporting a programme by providing a cross programme view on risk, change, quality, finance or configuration management if necessary.
- Support the Governance processes to ensure clarity and accuracy of all submissions to the appropriate committee / board.
- Use portfolio, programme and project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking as outlined by the Project Delivery Process.
- Provide guidance, when needed, to the Programme Manager on portfolio, programme and project management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
- Maintain a full working knowledge of all Project Delivery Processes and Templates.
- Provide support in prioritising and scheduling the projects and programme portfolio.
- Assist with the compilation of portfolio, programme and project management reports.
- Provide guidance and skills mentoring to the Project Managers to ensure best practices and knowledge is shared.
- All allocated projects and programmes are successfully delivered, to Schedule, Budget and Quality as agreed with the key stakeholders, in line with the Project Processes and Policies, using the approved tools and templates.
- All appropriate project / portfolio management systems are updated accurately and regularly.
- Change Control completed in full with all supporting documentation and closed in timely manner.
- Projects are handed over to BAU in a supportable manner.
- Hold a professional Project/ Programme management qualification (MSP or PgMP or studying to achieve).
- At least 5 years’ experience in a full lifecycle Project or Programme Management role, working across multiple dimensions, (infrastructure, software development, 3rd party applications, etc.), managing large complex projects and programmes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of best project and programme management techniques and practices, and strong planning skills.
- Good knowledge of best practice & standards such as ITIL, SDLC, ISO9000, ISO27001.
- Experience in customer requirements analysis and translating to operational and functional specifications.
- Experience in solution identification and selection via recommended tender processes.
- Experience being within a large corporate environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including skills in hosting demonstrations and training.
- Demonstrable experience of forward planning, problem solving, analytical thinking, providing solutions via email, telephone, Teams and face-to-face.
- Experience of working with IT staff and clients.
- Full Driving License (Desirable).