Looking for a talented Senior Platform Engineer to join a rapidly growing and ethical business built to combat substance addiction. The role will allow you to be part of something special with a progression path to a lead position.
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000 + Stock Options
Location: Fully Remote (or C. London if preferred)
About the Organisation
The organisation is the #1 digital clinic for substance addictions. They've made addiction healthcare more accessible and affordable and they're on a mission to help 100 million people overcome tobacco, alcohol, and opioid addictions by combining technology, healthcare, and design.
They are a global team of doctors, designers, engineers, and researchers who are aligned by one common goal. Authenticity, creativity, purpose, and thoughtfulness are at the heart of everything they do to deliver that goal, so finding exceptional people to join the journey is everything to them.
They have scaled to dozens of health plans and employers, covering over 2 million lives, and has already helped more than 750,000 members conquer their addictions. As of 2021, they have raised $78M from leading global investors and now work with 100+ world-class team members across their New York, London, and remote offices.
They run a serverless architecture on AWS, with infrastructure managed using Terraform. Their system has been built to deliver their smoking cessation and alcohol management programmes, and they are looking to form their first platform squad to prepare their system and team for scale.
They are looking for a platform engineer to help establish their platform squad and take responsibility for the building and maintenance of infrastructure across the engineering organisation as they scale to meet their mission of helping 100m members manage their addictions. The platform squad will support their feature squads, taking ownership of system architecture and enabling engineers to provision their own infrastructure.
A key focus of this role will be to optimise their systems for scale, and design and implement performance and load testing to demonstrate their ability to deliver a highly available, performant system for clients. Experience with observability tools will be essential to build out performance dashboards for internal use to help the engineering and product teams to select and track performance KPIs. If you have built systems on AWS that have scaled to 50m+ users, they want to talk to you.
As a HIPAA compliant, HITRUST certified organisation it is essential that their architecture is built in compliance with information security and data privacy requirements. Experience and knowledge of security best practices in the context of AWS is essential.
- Architect and maintain the system built on AWS.
- Prepare their system for scale.
- Surface performance insights across the team.
- Maintain information security and data privacy compliance.
- Develop a deep understanding of the development workflow.
- Extensive experience with AWS, serverless architecture and Terraform.
- Experience working on large-scale systems.
- Experience with observability tools - their stack includes Datadog, New Relic and Honeycomb, so experience with at least one of them would be highly beneficial, but they're also open to candidates experienced in other observability tools.
- Being passionate about building something special - even better if you genuinely connect with their mission and want to make the world a better place by helping millions of people affected by substance abuse.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Strong CI/CD experience - they use CircleCI but are open to candidates experienced in other tools.
- Employee Stock Options
- 28 Days Annual Leave
- Private Medical & Healthcare
- Career Progression