Currently working with a Lloyds of London Syndicate Insurance company who are looking for a Data Analyst to join an expanding team.
- Working closely with stakeholders at all levels to develop and implement reports and tools to serve the needs of management.
- Liaising with other Functions and Underwriting teams to understand reporting requirements and ensure that reporting is accurate, consistent and valuable to relevant stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the Head of Operations and MI & Performance Manager develop forward looking / analytical underwriting MI including multi-platform open market and delegated authority business.
- Deliver timely and accurate management information to various audiences including Committees and Boards.
- Provide ad-hoc in-depth analysis for the management team, delivering new insights into business performance and improvement.
Data Strategy and Technological Enablement
- Lead with the enhancement of existing MI reports and the development of new reporting capabilities and dashboards
- Identify and overcome data deficiencies and gaps in analytical capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop business performance reporting on financial and non-financial data, providing clear and insightful information for decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate large volumes of data into digestible management reporting
- Demonstrated high calibre financial understanding and capability, with a clear commercial awareness and high business acumen.
- Curious and analytical mind-set able to connect high-level concepts through to underlying details.
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs.
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points.
- Track record of identifying and analysing problems, identifying & evaluating options, deploying sound decision making skills.
- Strong experience of querying relational databases with SQL.
- Microsoft Excel - ideally Power Query as well.
- Microsoft Power BI report developing experience (or similar tool such as Tableau, Qlik)
- Confidence in dealing with non-technical end-users