Senior React Engineer - London, £85,000
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior React Engineer to join a world leading ethical trade service provider on a permanent basis. They are hiring a Senior React Engineer to join their product delivery team as they re-platform and invest heavily in technology.
They provide services, tools and a community network to help companies source responsibly and ensure they are operating an ethical business.
Technology is core to what they do, their online platform us used by major business worldwide such as Tesco and Amazon, to understand the human impact of the supply chains.
We are looking for a Senior level engineer who is looking for interesting problems to solve, building world-class scalable solutions which have an impact on real-world change.
As they re scaling-up the number of their agile product delivery pods to meet the ambitions of the company, they need talented engineers to work on exciting green-fields product builds utilising modern development practices such as continuous deployment, TDD, and service-oriented design, to deliver rapid and regular drops of thin vertical slices of value to the end user.
- 3-5 years commercial experience working in software engineering teams, using Agile methodologies and test-driven/data-driven approaches
- Extensive and current expertise with React and CSS, and the creation of responsive web interfaces
- A deep understanding of modern architectural patterns and designs
- A keen focus on creating customer value
- A results-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong sense of accountability
- Experience mentoring or coaching
- Leadership experience
- Backend experience such as - Java, Docker, Hadoop
- To be capable of deputising for the Front-end Architect, and be comfortable in speaking on the teams' behalf
- The design and implementation of innovative solutions and architectures through high-quality test-driven code
- The creation of web/mobile interfaces; data visualisation tools; and re-useable components and libraries
- The intelligent break-down of deliverables in a way that facilitates the constant and iterative delivery of value to the end customer
- Championing of a data-driven approach, advocating for and educating around the metrics that we use, and routinely applying their interpretation in the planning of work
- To pass the benefit of your knowledge and experience on to the team via code review, your contributions in planning activities, retrospectives, knowledge-sharing sessions, etc
- Mentoring and coaching more junior / less experienced members of the team, role-modelling an open, positive, progressive, and results-orientated approach
- Identifying and articulating technical risk, tech-debt, and non-functional requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Making contributions to our technology thought leadership
3 stage interview process - contact Allan Gamberini @ La Fosse Associates for more information / apply for immediate consideration.