We have partnered exclusively, with one of the world's leading brands in sports betting technology, in their search for a Senior SRE (DevOps) Engineer to take ownership and further advance their cloud platform, as well as lead a small team of SRE engineers.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on Senior Engineer that is looking to begin the progression towards a leadership role, with more autonomy and ownership, whilst continuing to utilise their technical skills to their full potential.
- Selection, definition and ownership of the frameworks, standards, policies, principles, technologies and suppliers use to deliver SRE & DevOps capabilities to support the Engineering and Technology Operations teams.
- Communication of these capabilities and ways of working to the relevant Engineering and Technology Operations teams to ensure the business is delivering new software features at pace but balanced with the operational readiness, resiliency and quality standards demanded to meet the defined SLOs
- Manage the day-to-day priorities of the SRE team, and direct and coordinate the work done by 3rd-party DevOps resources embedded in engineering teams from Code Factory and Opinov8.
- Building and maintaining the CI/CD pipelines and build processes for all current cloud-based deployments and extending these to on-premise infrastructure when appropriate.
- The performance of all cloud-based services, ensuring they have the right levels of security, scalability, resilience and performance to meet the agreed SLOs
- Monitoring key metrics through the deployment and use of capabilities such as Istio, Prometheus, Sumo Logic
- Management of Cloud security and performance capabilities including CloudFlare (DNS / DDoS / CDN), Secrets management, certificates and credentials.
- Assessment of the feasibility and cost of migrating on premise workloads to the cloud, using tools such as Anthos for Cloud Migration
- Proactively collaborate with Product Managers, Delivery Managers, Software Engineers and Tech Ops System Engineers to ensure new systems are build according to SRE best practise, and can be deployed within minimal friction to the production environment.
Skills And Experience Required;
- 5+ years' experience working in DevOps / SRE
- Experience in cloud infrastructure set up and management - specifically GCP (GKE, Cloud functions, Kafka, Pub/Sub, VPCs) and AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, BigQuery, Step functions)
- Extensive experience with Linux OS and containers
- A background in technology architecture, design, engineering, systems administration (including virtualised, cloud and container-based systems), networking and security
- Experience building highly automated infrastructure using modern tooling (e.g. Ansible / Terraform), using immutable, everything-as-code methodologies
- Great communication skills, capable of explaining complex technologies to senior stakeholders
- Sharp delivery focus, proactively working through blocking issues, assisting and educating engineers on how to deliver cloud-based services in an automated way.
- Expertise in problem solving and analysis of distributed, microservices based systems
Paying up to £105,000 base salary, offers super Flexi-Home working as well amazing training, developement and progression opportunities.
Please apply now or contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!!