Senior DevOps Engineer
Pay: Up to 80k
Hybrd working: 2/3 days in the office (Paddington)
This role sees you joining a fast-paced and dynamic tech team, within a company that has serious ambitions with its technology and is about to embark on some of the most exciting projects in financial services. Our vision is to create a scalable, resilient and dynamic platform for high-value corporates and institutions, and you’ll be joining us right at the start of our journey and will therefore be an integral part of the team from day one.
We want to work with people who share our ambitious mindset, with a focus on developing capabilities that amaze our customers and enable their businesses to succeed as well as our own. It is an exciting chance to have a significant impact within a fast-growing PLC business, but one that retains the opportunities and mentality of a start-up
As a DevOps Engineer you will interact with every part of the business to develop bespoke solutions for them. You will develop tools that will allow the business to process transactions in the region of billions of pounds for high-value corporations and institutions around the world. If you are looking for a role that requires a stakeholder mindset combined with hands-on development, this is the role for you. From day one you will be given the opportunity to work on initiatives of strategic importance to our business and we are looking for fantastic engineers to join us and drive this to bigger and better heights. You will be leveraging, and innovating using best-in-class software technology with an entrepreneurial mindset that will identify opportunities ahead of time.
- Engage with Engineering Managers and Key Stakeholders through the entire Software Development Lifecycle, regularly updating them on progress and ensuring all requirements are satisfied.
- Discoveand action opportunities to improve team performance & capabilities with the tools and systems already in place
- Innovate and discover methodologies and technologies that could drive engineering forward which deliver business value
- Be an enabler for the Product Engineers – Supporting them with queries around AWS, Version Control tools, System Administration and other
- Collaborate with group DevOps Engineers & Architects to share knowledge and bring learnings to the FXRM team
- Continuously review our Cloud landscape, spotting opportunities for improvement and preventative measures to reduce risk
- Work alongside AppSec Engineers and the Security function to surface
- Drive operational engineering excellence and performance
- Develop and evangelise the DevOps culture
Competencies & Experience
- Very strong knowledge and Experience working with AWS
- Strong familiarity with AWS Event Driven and Serverless Technologies (SNS, Eventbridge, Dynamo Streams, Lambda, Kinesis, SQS, AppFlow, AppSync etc.)
- Strong familiarity with AWS Storage Technologies (S3, RDS, Dynamo, Athena, Glacier etc.)
- Have a strong understanding of the AWS VPC and Networking systems (VPC, Security Groups, Route53, DNS, Cloudfront, WebACLS etc)
- Capable of producing quality Infrastructure as Code (Cloudformation, Terraform)
- Great understanding of Monitoring & observability tools and concepts – we use DataDog & AWS Cloudwatch
- Good understanding of Permission, Role and User Management – AWS IAM, RBAC
- An Expert in working with API Gateway & Lambda based APIs.
- Good familiarity with other application methodologies i.e. Server EC2, Containerisation via Docker & Orchestration (ECS/Kubernetes)
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with CI/CD. Producing performant, observable and iterable pipelines that improve our ability to deliver and manage applications in the (AWS CodeBuild & CodePipeline, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, GitHub Actions, CircleCI etc.)
- An understanding of Disaster Recovery, BCP & Audit – and ensuring this is considered in everything we do
- Awareness of Application Security Principles and Concepts (CIS, OWASP, NIST, ISO) with Tooling (Sonarqube, Snyk, Darktrace etc)
- A forward thinker and team player.
- A promoter of industry best practices and frameworks.
- An analytical mind with great attention to detail.
- Critical thinker and problem-solver.
- Effective communicator.
- Driven self-starter, capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Open to new ideas and thrives on feedback.