LFA Public Sector Transformation Practise are supporting a largescale data transformation and are looking for Delivery Managers to join our established team on an initial 6 Month contract.
- Strong experience of delivering IT projects in complex delivery environments including projects with significant dependencies and inter-dependencies.
- Strong experience of leading a team of multi-skilled digital professionals following an Agile methodology.
- Able to optimise the delivery of value by teams, actively addressing the most complicated risks, issues and dependencies including those where ownership exists outside of the team or where no clear ownership exists.
- Able to mediate and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels and across internal organisational boundaries.
- Able to manage stakeholders' expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk and complex objectives under constrained timescales.
- Experience of utilising development lifecycle management tooling (Jira, Confluence, Trello, SharePoint, Project Plan)
- Ideally, they will have working experience of managing projects, solutions and services that meet the government's digital service standards and technology code of practice
- Commitment and ability to manage teams remotely.
Typical Role Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the planning and delivery of project objectives.
- Build and maintain motivated matrixed teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards.
- Protect the team and make sure the team collaborates, communicates, and focuses on what is most important.
- Coach team members and others, to facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for their environment.
- Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles, and get the best value against constraints.
- Facilitate and manage risks in highly complex products.
- To keep all internal and external stakeholders informed and engaged.
Public Sector experience desirable.