La Fosse Associates are currently partnering with a leading international home-improvement retail company with over 1,300 stores, supported by a team of over 79,000 colleagues.
The company is looking to bring on a talented Senior Data Scientist to help develop and deploy core ML/AI algorithms required to tackle key data science challenges within the business in line with its ambitious growth plans.
Reporting into the Lead Data Scientist, the successful candidate will:
- Lead the implementation of data science projects - innovating the development of algorithms and use of data science approaches to support commercial goals.
- Providing technical leadership and support for the junior members of the team.
- Work across with banners and group functions to support building a data science roadmap that minimises time to value and improves long term efficiency.
- Support teams with varied strengths in translating between business and data in the design of project work, and in the synthesis and communication of recommendations and results.
- Collaborate with tech, product and data teams to develop the data platforms that allow us to apply data science and embed the use of data science directly in our products and processes.
- Support the data science leadership team in developing a "data culture" and demonstrating the value of data in our decision making.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, data modelling and software architecture.
- Excellent understanding of classical Machine Learning algorithms (e.g. Logistic Regression, Random Forest, XGBoost, etc.) as well as innovative research area (e.g. NLP, Transfer Learning etc.) and Deep Learning algorithms (e.g. BERT, LSTM, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of SQL and Python's ecosystem for data analysis (Jupyter, Pandas, Scikit Learn, Matplotlib).
- Solid understanding of model evaluation, data pre-processing techniques, such as standardisation, normalisation, and handling missing data.
- Solid understanding of summary, robust, and nonparametric statistics; hypothesis testing, probability distributions, sampling techniques, and stochastic processes.
- Proven experience of delivering several high-quality AI-based products and experience of productionisation of Machine Learning based products.
- Proven experience of developing cloud-based machine learning services using one or more cloud providers (preferably GCP).
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage results.
- Solid communications and soft skills to manage partners demands.